"Driven by a desire to reduce costs, improve flexibility, and enhance resiliency, more than 70 percent of companies are planning to virtualize their UC applications, leveraging the same infrastructure that supports other business-critical applications. But before IT architects adopt UC virtualization, they must ensure that available solutions can meet the performance, management, and high availability requirements associated with UC platforms."
--Irwin Lazar, vice president and service director, UC and Collaboration, Nemertes Research
"Avaya recognizes that any path to collaboration requires a platform that prioritizes high reliability, functionality and flexibility. This is why we've seamlessly brought these benefits from Avaya Aura into virtualized environments. With Avaya's UC applications now VMware Ready for virtualization, our customers can travel a faster, more efficient route to next-generation collaboration."
--Gary E. Barnett, senior vice president & general manager, Collaboration Platforms, Avaya
Additional Facts & Information:
•According to IDC, 75 percent of organizations said virtualization is considered for the default build of new server hardware.(3) •The top concern preventing companies from increasing virtualization is reliability, according to V-Index, a virtualization industry quarterly survey.(4) •Avaya Aura VE will be included in Avaya's current Triple 7 Promotion, which helps customers of the Avaya CS1000 platform move to an Avaya Aura solution.
VMware, VMware vCenter and VMware Ready are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. Avaya and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein.
Tags: Avaya, Avaya Aura, virtualization, VMware, collaboration, mobility, unified communications, mobile collaboration, contact center
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Follow Avaya: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn
(1) Nemertes Research 2012-13 Communications and Computing Benchmark.
(2) Avaya Collaboration Pods begin trials later this year.
(3) IDC Market Analysis Perspective: Worldwide Enterprise Virtualization Software, 2011, doc #232074, December 2011.
(4) V-Index: Virtualization Penetration Rate in the Enterprise report, Q3 and Q2 2011, by Vanson Bourne market research.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Avaya Media Contact:
P: 908 953-6432
Most Popular Stories
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Contest Gives Startups a Jump in Jersey
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy