8. Your Medigap plan and drug plan don't have to come from the same insurer: A common myth heard by licensed eHealthMedicare agents is that people believe they must "bundle" their Medigap plan with a stand-alone Medicare Part D plan from the same company in order to get the best price. That is absolutely untrue. By law, insurance companies cannot charge you more or less for a plan based on where you buy, or who you buy from. And, by law, insurers cannot give you a discount on one type of Medicare insurance (like a Medigap plan) if they sell you a second type of Medicare insurance (like a stand-alone PDP).
9. Ask about dental and vision care: Original Medicare (parts A and B) will pay for certain vision and dental services, but routine care and check-ups are not covered. Many Medicare Advantage plans include coverage for dental and vision care, but not all of them. If these benefits are important to you, make sure the Medicare Advantage plan you're considering provides those benefits. If the plan does not provide dental and vision, you can research "stand-alone" insurance for these benefits in the individual insurance market.
10. Don't enroll without help: Qualified professionals can help you understand your options and select a plan. You can get help through your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), websites like www.PlanPrescriber.com, licensed health insurance agents who are certified to sell Medicare, or by calling 1-800-Medicare.
You may be able to get Extra Help to pay for your prescription drug premiums and costs. For more information on Extra Help, you can contact licensed eHealthInsurance agents at 888-312-5447 TTY: 711, or contact Medicare directly at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week; the Social Security Office at 1-800-772-1213 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. TTY users should call 1-800-325-0778; or your Medicaid office. In general, beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except in non-routine circumstances, and quantity limitations and restrictions may apply.
NOTE: Medicare beneficiaries base their plan selections on a variety of priorities, including price. eHealth and PlanPrescriber encourage Medicare beneficiaries to consider their specific needs in deciding which plans to select during the Annual Enrollment Period. Medicare has not reviewed or endorsed this information
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) is the parent company of eHealthInsurance, America's first and largest private health insurance exchange where individuals, families and small businesses can compare health insurance products from leading insurers side by side and purchase and enroll in coverage online. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of individual, family and small business health plans underwritten by more than 180 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Through the company's eHealthTechnology solution (technology.com%2f">www.eHealthTechnology.com), eHealth is also a leading provider of health insurance exchange technology. eHealthTechnology's exchange platform provides a suite of hosted e-commerce solutions that enable health plan providers, resellers and government entities to market and distribute products online. eHealth, Inc. also provides powerful online and pharmacy-based tools to help seniors navigate Medicare health insurance options, choose the right plan and enroll in select plans online through its wholly-owned subsidiary, PlanPrescriber.com (www.planprescriber.com) and through its Medicare website www.eHealthMedicare.com.
For more health insurance news and information, visit the eHealthInsurance consumer blog: Get Smart - Get Covered.
Embedded Video Available
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2168982
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2168994
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For media inquiries, please contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Economic Growth Boosts U.S. Futures
- The Costs of Repealing Obamacare
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Verizon to Issue Transparency Report