Ingredients:1 (6 oz.) mini loaf French bread, cubed (8 cups loosely packed) Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray6 large eggs1 14 oz can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk3/4 cup dark corn syrup1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar1/2 cup butter, melted1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, divided Vanilla ice cream Hungry Jack® Original Syrup Smuckers® Sundae Syrup Caramel Flavored Syrup Whipped topping
1) HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spread bread cubes in single layer on 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake stirring occasionally. 10 minutes or until cubes are toasted. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
2) BEAT eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Blend in sweetened condensed milk, dark corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir in toasted bread cubes and 1 cup pecans until evenly moistened. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Allow to stand 30 minutes.
3) BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cooled with ice cream, syrup, caramel flavored syrup or whipped topping, as desired.
This recipe may be served as a dessert or a breakfast entrée. To serve for dessert, top with ice cream, caramel flavored syrup or whipped cream. For breakfast, serve warm drizzled with pancake syrup.
Vanilla Ice Cream
Yield: 1 1/2 quarts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:4 cups (2pts.) half-and-half or light cream1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1) COMBINE all ingredients in container of ice cream maker; mix well.
2) FREEZE according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze leftovers.
1) OMIT half-and-half. Combine sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in large bowl. Fold in 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, whipped (DO NOT use non-dairy whipped topping). Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or other 2 quart container. Cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.
©//® The J.M. Smucker Company.
About Family Features Editorial Syndicate
This and other food and lifestyle content can be found at www.editors.familyfeatures.com. Family Features is a leading provider of free food and lifestyle content for use in print and online publications. Register with no obligation to access a variety of formatted and unformatted features, accompanying photos, and automatically updating Web content solutions.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2150607
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine