Total other expense, net for the third quarter of 2012 amounted to $3.8 million compared to $6.8 million for the third quarter of 2011.The decrease in the interest expense and finance cost for the third quarter of 2012 reflects the termination of certain interest rate swaps and the reduction of the Partnership's total debt, when compared to the third quarter of 2011.
As of September 30, 2012, the Partners' capital stood at $627.4 million, which is $110.1 million higher than the Partners' capital as of December 31, 2011. This increase reflects the issuance of the 15,555,554 Class B Units, which raised gross proceeds of approximately $140.0 million.
As of September 30, 2012, the Partnership's total debt had decreased by $170.1 million to $463.5 million, compared to total debt of $633.6 million as of December 31, 2011. In connection with the issuance of the Class B Units, the Partnership executed amendments to its three credit facilities and prepaid debt of $149.6 million, also utilizing part of its cash balances. The amendments provide for a deferral of all remaining scheduled amortization payments that were due between 2012 and 2015 (inclusive) under each of the Partnership's credit facilities until March 31, 2016. As of September 30, 2012, the Partnership had swapped $59.1 million of its debt into fixed rates, whereas the remaining $404.4 million of its total debt of $463.5 million is in floating rates.
The M/T Miltiadis M II (162,397dwt, Ice 1A Crude/Product Carrier, built 2006 Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co Ltd) has been chartered through Subtec S.A. de C.V. of Mexico to Petróleos Mexicanos ("PEMEX"), the state-owned Mexican petroleum company, under a charter expected to expire in September 2014 at a higher rate than the gross rate of $18,250 earned by the vessel under its previous employment with CMTC. In view of this employment opportunity, our sponsor, CMTC, following the unanimous approval of the Conflicts Committee, has agreed to terminate its employment of the vessel which was expected to expire in April 2013.
The M/T Apostolos (47,782dwt, Ice 1A IMO II/III, built 2007 Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co Ltd) secured employment for 12 (+/- 30 days) months with CMTC at a gross rate of $14,000 per day with earliest expected redelivery in August 2013.
The M/T Akeraios (47,781dwt, Ice 1A IMO II/III, built 2007 Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co Ltd) has extended its employment to CMTC for an additional 12 months (+/- 30 days) at a gross rate of $14,000 per day with earliest expected redelivery in June 2013.
The M/T Agisilaos (36,760dwt, Ice 1A IMO II/III, built 2006 Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co Ltd) has extended its employment to CMTC for an additional 12 months (+/- 30 days) at a gross rate of $13,500 per day with earliest expected redelivery in June 2013.
The M/T Alkiviadis (36,721dwt, Ice 1A IMO II/III, built 2006 Hyundai Mipo Dockyard Co Ltd) has extended its employment to CMTC for an additional 12 months (+/- 30 days) at an increased gross rate of $13,417 per day with earliest expected redelivery in June 2013.
The charters of each of the M/T Apostolos, M/T Akeraios, M/T Agisilaos and M/T Alkiviadis are subject to 50/50 profit sharing arrangements for breaching Institute Warranty Limits and were unanimously approved by the Conflicts Committee of the Partnership.
As a result of the above employment agreements, the Partnership's charter coverage for the remainder of 2012 and 2013 now stand at 96% and 75%, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'