Additionally, individual athletes should adhere to the following recommendations to ensure safe and healthy athletic participation:
1. Focus on creating balance in your life and make time for non-athletic endeavors such as schoolwork, hobbies and time with friends and family.
2. Recognize the value of resting when you are injured or ill; pushing yourself harder during these times can result in further injury or illness.
3. Being asked to drop weight for an athletic event can be incredibly triggering; plan plenty of time for safe weight loss preparation and encourage teammates to do the same.
Eating disorders in athletes of all ages can lead to lower levels of athletic performance, organ malfunction, bone deterioration and osteoporosis, as well as cardiovascular problems. Early intervention and expert treatment from eating disorders professionals can minimize the chances for negative long-term health effects. For more information about eating disorders in athletes, visit www.EatingRecoveryCenter.com.
About Eating Recovery Center
Eating Recovery Center is an international center providing comprehensive treatment for anorexia, bulimia, EDNOS and binge eating disorder. Under the personal guidance and care of Drs. Kenneth Weiner, Craig Johnson, Emmett Bishop and Ovidio Bermudez, programs provide a full spectrum of services for children, adolescents and adults that includes Inpatient, Residential, Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient Services. Our compassionate team of professionals collaborates with treating professionals and loved ones to cultivate lasting behavioral change. Denver-based facilities include the Behavioral Hospital for Adults, the Behavioral Hospital for Children and Adolescents, the Partial Hospitalization Program and Outpatient Services for Adults, and the Partial Hospitalization Program for Children and Adolescents. In an effort to increase patient access to care throughout the United States, Eating Recovery Center partners with Summit Eating Disorders and Outreach Program in Sacramento, Cali., and The Moore Center for Eating Disorders in Bellevue, Wash. Summit offers Partial Hospitalization and Outpatient Services as well as Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient Services in Fresno and Roseville. The Moore Center offers Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient Services. For more information, please contact us at 877-218-1344 or [email protected] or confidentially chat live on our website at www.EatingRecoveryCenter.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Communications Strategy Group
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women