WOMMA will be accepting submissions for the 2012 WOMMY Awards through Sept. 14 at 12:00 A.M. All entrants will be notified by Oct. 11 of their entry status. Brands and agencies who submit before Aug. 10 will receive significant discounts on their entries. Information on WOMMY entry fees can be found here.
•More information about the 2012 WOMMY competition can be found here: http://womma.org/wommys2012/index.shtml •Learn more about the 2012 WOMMY Awards judges here: http://allthings.womma.org/ •2011 WOMMY Award winners are located on the 2011 Winners Gallery: http://womma.org/wommys2012/winners.shtml
WOMMA, www.WOMMA.org, is the leading trade association in the marketing and advertising industries that focuses on word of mouth, consumer-generated and social media platforms -- or marketing techniques that include buzz, viral, community, and influencer marketing, as well as brand blogging. The organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for marketers and advertisers engaging in such marketing practices, identifying meaningful measurement standards for such marketing practices, and defining "best practices" for the industry.
Founded in 2004, WOMMA members include marketers and brands that use word of mouth marketing to reinforce their core customers and to reach out to new consumers, agencies that deliver word of mouth services and technologies, researchers that track the word of mouth experience and offline and online practitioners.
About the WOMMY Awards
The WOMMY Awards celebrate word of mouth marketing in its broadest sense. Since 2006, WOMMA has acknowledged people, agencies and brands behind the most remarkable word of mouth marketing campaigns. The awards give all marketers, both large and small, the platform they deserve to be recognized for their unbelievable work throughout the year.
According to eMarketer, "US marketers will spend $7.72 billion to advertise on social networking sites this year." In conjunction with the rapid changes Facebook and other social sites are implementing, this statistic is driving unprecedented interest in all forms of online and offline word of mouth marketing.
Word of mouth marketing isn't about creating word of mouth - it is about learning how to make WOM work within a marketing objective (price, product, place, promotion, people). Brand and agency marketers are encouraged to enter their best work demonstrating product or service innovation, customer engagement, or research. These awards are designed to attract and celebrate the very best examples of word of mouth marketing.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2085489
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column