Condoleezza Rice today is speaking at the Willow Creek Association (WCA) Global Leadership Summit.
Rice's name is currently a trending topic on Twitter, mainly because attendees are tweeting quotes from her speech at the summit.
Founded in 1992 by Bill Hybels, the WCA is a notprofit organization that "exists to maximize the life-transformation effectiveness of local churches," according to its website. Located in South Barrington, IL, the Christian-based organization's annual summit began today and will run through tomorrow, Aug. 10.
The former U.S. Secretary of State is currently teaching political science at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Here are some of the highlights of her speech that people have tweeted via WCA's Twitter account:
"I know what I'm called to do - I'm called to do public service - and not just in DC."
"I love policy, I don't love politics."
"Today's headlines and history's judgement are rarely the same."
"After struggle comes relief - after Friday there comes a Sunday. It is a privilege to struggle."
"The most important characteristic in a leader is irrepressible optimism."
"If every life is worthy, every life is also capable of greatness."
"The strong must hold up and bring the weak along - true everywhere in the world."
"Friendship can be the place that let's you have difficult conversations."
Have any more to add? Please post to comments.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders