Adding energy saving window treatments can not only keep you cool during the summer and insulated in the winter, but save you money on your utility bill as well! R-value indicates an item's ability to reduce the flow of heat. The higher the R-value, the better its resistance of heat gain or loss. A double honeycomb cellular shade has high R-value and great insulating values that can result in substantial energy savings, year after year. Cellular shades alone can save you up to $33 per year on energy usage. The correct combination of window coverings, like Budget Blinds' cellular shades and window film can drastically reduce the amount of heat lost during the cold winter months and can keep your home cooler during the hot summer months. Energy loss through windows accounts for 20% of a home's heating and cooling costs but energy efficient window treatments don't garner as much attention as energy saving household appliances. Other costs incurred without the correct shades could result from sun bleaching of your furniture that you will have to replace or get re-upholstered. With energy efficient window treatments, you could effectively cut down extraneous costs and the use of your heating and cooling systems due to the great insulation from your blinds or shades.
During summer, the sweltering sun beating down on your windows can heat your home to sauna-like levels and distress your cooling system. Throughout winter, the comfortably cozy air inside your home tries to escape through the windows. Whether it is winter or summer, you are going to end up paying for this extra use of energy to heat and cool your home. Although Canada is known for its beautiful winters, this summer is going to be one for the record books; get your home ready for the heat with Budget Blinds®!
About BUDGET BLINDS
Budget Blinds®, a Home Franchise Concepts, Inc. brand, is a custom window coverings franchise that offers convenient shop-at-home service for window coverings and home décor accessories.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2016320
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women