1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). National Chronic Kidney Disease Fact Sheet: General Information and National Estimates on Chronic Kidney Disease in the United States, 2010. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), CDC, 2010.
2. Predictive value of plasma galectin-3 levels in heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction. Annals of Medicine, 2011; 43: 60-68.
3. Galectin-3 and Outcomes in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease: Data from the German Diabetes and Dialysis Study, presented by Rudolf de Boer, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Cardiology at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands; American Heart Association Scientific Presentation, November 2011.
4. Galectin-3 Expression and Secretion Links Macrophages to the Promotion of Renal Fibrosis. The American Journal of Pathology, 2008; Vol. 172, No. 2: 288-298.
5. Tubular Atrophy and Interstitial Fibrosis After Renal Transplantation Is Dependent on Galectin-3. Transplantation, 2012; Vol. 93, No. 5:477-484.
6. A Role for galectin-3 in renal tissue damage triggered by ischemia and reperfusion injury. Transplantation International, 2008; Vol. 21, No. 10: 999-1007.
7. American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2012. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2012.
8. Restoring the association of the T cell receptor with CD8 reverses anergy in human tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes. Immunity, 2008; 28:414-424.
9. A Galectin-3 Ligand Corrects the Impaired Function of Human CD4 and CD8 Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes and Favors Tumor Rejection in Mice. Cancer Res 2010; 70:7476-7488.
About La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of medical treatments that significantly improve outcomes in patients with life-threatening diseases. GCS-100, the Company's lead product candidate, is a first-in-class inhibitor of galectin-3, a novel molecular target implicated in chronic organ failure and cancer.
Forward Looking Statement Safe Harbor
This document contains forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements relate to future events or our future results of operations. These statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause actual results to be materially different from these forward-looking statements. The Company cautions readers not to place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they were made. Certain of these risks, uncertainties, and other factors are described in greater detail in the Company's filings from time to time with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), all of which are available free of charge on the SEC's web site at http://www.sec.gov. These risks include, but are not limited to, risks relating to the development of GCS-100, the success and timing of future preclinical and clinical studies of this compound, and potential indications for which GCS-100 may be developed. Subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to the Company or to persons acting on its behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements set forth in the Company's reports filed with the SEC. The Company expressly disclaims any intent to update any forward-looking statements.
George F. Tidmarsh, M.D., Ph.D.
President & Chief Executive Officer
La Jolla Pharmaceutical Company
Phone: (858) 646-6682
LifeSci Advisors, LLC
Phone: (646) 597-6979
Most Popular Stories
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook