Mitt Romney's attacks continue -- this time in a a radio ad in Ohio attacking his GOP opponent Rick Santorum for his 1998 vote to confirm Sonia Sotomayor to the federal circuit court.
Sotomayor is the court's 111th justice, its first Hispanic justice, and its third female justice.
In the sound bite provided by the Huffington Post (See link to ad below), conservative lawyer Jay Sekulow "criticizes Santorum for supporting Sotomayor, when 29 other Republicans did not."
"With Mitt Romney, we know what kind of judges we will get," Sekulow concludes in the ad.
Related Story: "Obama Praises Hispanics, Jobs Act"
Today, Adrian Saenz, the national Latino vote director for the Obama campaign, addressed Romney's radio ad, calling it a "new low for Mitt Romney."
"For the past week, he's been attacking Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Specifically, he has been running campaign ads on television and radio criticizing Rick Santorum for voting to confirm her for a lower court back in 1998," Saenz writes. "The truth is that Justice Sotomayor has received strong bipartisan support throughout her judicial career -- because of her unparalleled judiciary experience, intellect, respect for the Constitution, and common sense. That's why she belongs on our nation's highest court.
"In pandering to the extreme right wing, Mitt Romney has shown an extraordinary disregard for the issues that matter most to Hispanic voters. Stand up to this kind of political pandering -- and let Romney know we won't forget these attacks," he continued.
In his article, Saenz also reminds voters about Romney's views on immigration issues and how the GOP presidential candidate "promised to veto the DREAM Act, calling it a 'handout.'"
Listen to the radio ad that Romney's campaign team released regarding Sotomayor by clicking here.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years