Year established: 1974
2002 expenditures: $9,809,831
2002 revenues: $9,779,632
Mission: To improve the general health and well-being of the Latino population of California by providing and enhancing services for substance abuse and its related problems within a culturally appropriate context and perspective.
Service area: California counties of Sacramento, Orange, Los Angeles, and Solano
President/CEO: James Z. Hernandez
17. CENTRO DE LA COMUNIDAD UNIDA/UNITED COMMUNITY CENTER (UCC)
1028 S. Ninth St.
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Phone: (414) 384-3100
Year established: 1970
2002 expenditures: $9,031,000
2002 revenues: $9,031,000
Mission: To provide programs for Hispanics and South Side residents of all ages in the areas of education, cultural arts, recreation, community development, and health and human services. The UCC helps individuals achieve their potential by focusing on cultural heritage as a means of strengthening personal development and by promoting high academic standards.
Service area: Milwaukee
Executive director: Walter Sava
18. HISPANIC ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (HACU)
8415 Datapoint Dr., #400
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 692-3805
Year established: 1986
2002 expenditures: $8,992,973
2002 revenues: $10,998,486
Mission: To promote the development of member colleges and universities, initiate and support measures that improve access to and the quality of post-secondary educational opportunities for Hispanic students, and to meet the needs of business, industry, and government through the development and sharing of resources, information, and expertise.
Service area: Nationwide, Puerto Rico, Latin America, and Spain
President/CEO: Antonio R. Flores
19. ASOCIACION DE PUERTOR-RIQUENOS EN MARCHA (APM)
2147 N. Sixth St.
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Phone: (215) 235-6788
Year established: 1970
2002 expenditures: $8,290,524
2002 revenues: $8,223,015
Mission: To promote the well-being of residents in the greater Philadelphia area by providing behavioral and health services, child welfare services, family support services, substance abuse treatment, housing and economic development, emergency shelter services, child care, and affordable housing.
Service area: Eastern North Philadelphia
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women