San Fernando, CA 91340
Phone: (818) 361-8641
Year established: 1965
2002 expenditures: $12,763,664
2002 revenues: $13,416,917
Mission: To provide high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive service that empowers parents as advocates of their children's educational future. Latin American Civic Association's staff members are committed to working toward breaking and eliminating the cycle of poverty.
Service area: San Fernando Valley and Santa Clarita Valley, Los Angeles County
President/CEO: Irene Tovar
13. CASA CENTRAL SOCIAL SERVICES
1343 N. California Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622
Phone: (773) 645-2300
Year established: 1954
2002 expenditures: $11,416,964
2002 revenues: $11,288,510
Mission: To stabilize and empower individuals and families, encourage self-sufficiency, and promote healthy family and community functioning in metropolitan Chicago through a continuum of social service programs. Special emphasis is placed on the needs of Hispanics.
Service area: Chicago metropolitan area
President/CEO: Ann R. Alvarez
14. NUEVO AMANECER LATINO CHILDREN SERVICES
5400 Pomona Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90022
Phone: (323) 837-2133
Year established: 1994
2002 expenditures: $10,500,000
2002 revenues: $11,000,000
Mission: To provide children and families in Southern California with the best-quality family-based treatment services as well as educational services.
Service area: Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties in California
President: Norma Duque-Acosta
15. EL VALOR
1850 W. 21st St.
Chicago, IL 60608
Phone: (312) 666-4511
Year established: 1973
2002 expenditures: $10,044,656
2002 revenues: $10,239,388
Mission: To support and challenge urban families to achieve excellence and participate fully in community life. El Valor's programs are designed to enrich and empower people with disabilities, the disadvantaged, and the underserved.
Service area: Chicago and vicinity
President/CEO: Vincent A. Allocco
16. CALIFORNIA HISPANIC COMMISSION ON ALCOHOL & DRUG ABUSE (CHCADA)
2101 Capitol Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone: (916) 443-5473
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs