9301 Michigan Ave.
Detroit, MI 48210
Phone: (313) 846-2240
Year established: 1971
2002 expenditures: $28,575,964
2002 revenues: $28,818,964
Mission: To cultivate a qualified, skilled, and adaptable workforce for metropolitan Detroit and the global economy through a comprehensive service delivery system that includes literacy, education, youth development, training, employment, community and economic development, and One Stop Career Center management and operations. SER works in partnership with Corporate America and all sectors to achieve its mission.
Service area: Detroit and surrounding communities
President: Ignacio Salazar
6. NATIONAL COUNCIL OF LA RAZA (NCLR)
1111 19th St. NW, #1000
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 785-1670
Year established: 1968
2002 expenditures: $25,500,000
2002 revenues: $46,000,000
Mission: To improve life opportunities for the nation's Hispanic population and to help reduce poverty and discrimination in all communities. NCLR is the largest national Latino civil rights organization.
Service area: Nationwide
President/CEO: Raul Yzaguirre
7. PUERTO RICAN FAMILY INSTITUTE (PRFI)
145 W. 15th St.
New York, NY 10011
Phone: (212) 229-6922
Year established: 1960
2002 expenditures: $21,272,199
2002 revenues: $21,316,484
Mission: To prevent family disintegration and enhance the self-sufficiency of the entire Hispanic community.
Service area: Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and Brooklyn, New York; New Jersey; Puerto Rico
President/CEO: Maria Elena Girone
8. ASOCIACION NACIONAL PRO PERSONAS MAYORES (ANPPM)
234 E. Colorado Blvd., #300
Pasadena, CA 91101
Phone: (626) 564-1988
Year established: 1975
2002 expenditures: $20,718,163
2002 revenues: $20,808,655
Mission: To achieve social change by focusing on the needs of Hispanic older persons and providing means for them to achieve a decent and dignified life. In response to the needs of the low-income elderly, Asociacion provides programs of employment and training, health, housing, and economic development.
Service area: Nationwide and Puerto Rico
President/CEO: Carmela G. Lacayo
9. HISPANIC HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women