Thursday, June 20, 2013
Maria Elena Durazo
Hotel Employees & Restaurant Employees International Union, Local 11
Ms. Durazo has served as the elected president of UNITE HERE Local 11 in Los Angeles since May 1989. In 1996 she became the first Hispanic woman on the executive board, overseeing a union with a national membership of more than 250,000. In June, Ms. Durazo received the Graciela Olivarez Award from the National Council of La Raza for her outstanding contribution to promoting the interests of Hispanics.
- Noted Broadcaster Tavis Smiley To Moderate "Latino Nation" Symposium In Chicago, Saturday, April 6
- Latinas Make Push for LA City Council Seats
- Rights Fighter
- L.A. Dodgers Radio Airs Union Ad Calling Arizona's Immigration Law 'Wrong'
- 100 Influentials, 2008: The Complete List
- 100 Influentials: LA Focus, Part 2
- Senate Kills Immigration Reform Bill
- Groups Take Innovative Approach in Addressing Broken Immigration System
- Hispanic Leaders Say Congress Must Act Now
- Rev. Jesse Jackson to Push for Improved Working Conditions, Patient Care Protections at L.A.'s Good Samaritan Hospital
|Contact Us||About Us||Advertise||Site Map||Privacy||Newsletters||RSS Feed|