Hispanic #1 Breaking News for Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Small Business Owners - HispanicBusiness.com
MARCH 17, 2014
This year, Mr. Cruz became the first Hispanic to win the Pulitzer Prize in drama, for Anna in the Tropics, a play that also won the 2003 American Theatre Critics/Steinberg New Play Award. Mr. Cruz is a lecturer at the Yale University School of Drama. The Cuban-American playwright’s other titles include Night Train to Bolina, Dancing on Her Knees, and Two Sisters and a Piano.
- Jimmy Lopez Commissioned New Score by the Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Anna in the Tropics Opens at Sierra Madre Playhouse on October 8
- East Coast Premiere of ‘A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings’ at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey’s ‘Outdoor Stage’
- Cortes Named to Hispanic Business Magazine's List of 100 Most Influential Hispanics in the United States
- Cuban-born Playwright Awarded Pulitzer Prize