These new security services and solutions are part of HP JetAdvantage, a new brand that represents HP's comprehensive document and workflow printing portfolio. HP JetAdvantage delivers a portfolio of solutions for mobile printing, print security, workflow and printer management to help streamline crucial business processes and tasks to reduce cost and enhance employee productivity.
Securing a print infrastructure is rapidly becoming an important component of an enterprise's overall network security. As a leader in IT enterprise security, HP offers security solutions and services designed to protect enterprise printing environments. The new offerings include:
- The HP Imaging and
- HP Print Security Advisory Services offer an analysis of a print environment, deployment of optimal security policies and recommendations for solutions to best secure the printing infrastructure.
- HP LaserJet Enterprise flow multifunction printer (MFP) M630 series features a suite of more than 200 embedded security features, powerful document workflows for compliance and the HP Trusted Platform Module Accessory to help protect customers "out of the box."
"In the healthcare industry, there's a delicate balance between security, compliance and productivity, and the technology we use is critical to maintaining that balance," said
"As the financial impact of a data breach increases, the fundamental need for comprehensive printing security solutions continues to grow," said
Expanded HP print security innovations
Rounding out the HP print security portfolio are several new solutions that help customers monitor, audit and manage a printing environment, from device to data to documents, to ensure IT security requirements and satisfy compliance requirements:
- The industry-leading security monitoring capability of HP ArcSight has been extended to include security monitoring of the full HP portfolio of FutureSmart printing and multifunction devices. With the ability to collect, analyze and correlate print device log events, risks are automatically highlighted in the HP ArcSight dashboard, giving customers a comprehensive view of their IT environment security.
- The HP Secure Content Management and Monitoring solution helps customers reduce the risk of security breaches associated with all print, scan, copy and fax functions at the device level. By extending HP Autonomy Information Governance tools to monitor and audit all information flowing through the HP multifunction device, this solution enables early detection of document security breaches.
- HP JetAdvantage Pull Print --available with select HP LaserJet and Officejet products--helps prevent unauthorized access to confidential print jobs and reduces waste that can occur from unclaimed or misprinted jobs. Each print job is securely stored in the cloud using AES 256-bit encryption until the user authenticates and claims the job from the printer. This cloud-based solution offers simple setup and management, taking the complexity out of pull print for enterprises and SMBs.
Additional information about these new HP imaging and printing offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/printsecurity .
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low