MADISON, Wis., Sept. 2 -- The Wisconsin Board of Commissioners of Public Lands issued the following news release:
The Board of Commissioners of Public Lands (BCPL) today approved nearly $1.9 million in State
Trust Fund Loans to support thirteen municipal projects in Wisconsin.
Loans approved include:
* Town of Barronett, Washburn County / Finance road project / $87,000
* Dunkirk Dam Lake Protection and Rehabilitation District, Dane County / Finance dam repairs / $260,000
* Town of Gordon, Douglas County / Construct fire hall / $400,000
* Town of Johnson, Marathon County / Refinance truck loan / $110,800
* Town of Lake, Marinette County / Purchase truck and plow / $145,848
* Town of Milford, Jefferson County / Finance road work / $50,000
* Village of Mishicot, Manitowoc County / Purchase police vehicle and equipment / $7,000
* City of Mondovi, Buffalo County / Purchase land and resurface street / $195,000
* Village of Poplar, Douglas County / Finance capital improvements / $80,000
* Village of St. Nazianz, Manitowoc County / Purchase dump truck / $30,000
* Town of Warren, Waushara County / Finance road resurfacing / $150,000
* Town of Wascott, Douglas County / Purchase fire pumper truck / $140,015
* Village of West Baraboo, Sauk County / Finance TID project / $212,000
With income generated by State Trust Fund Loans, and not a single taxpayer dollar, the BCPL provides all of the state's financial aid to public elementary, middle and high school libraries; $30.2 million in 2014, alone. A complete list of the 2014 library aid distribution by school district will be found here: (http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov/docview.asp?docid=25610&locid=145).
State Trust Fund Loan monies come from the principal of the state's Common School Fund, which is enhanced by revenues generated by fees, fines, forfeitures, unclaimed property and timber sales.
Established in 1848 by the State Constitution, the BCPL consists of the Secretary of State Doug La Follette, Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen, and State Treasurer Kurt Schuller.
To learn more about the agency, visit http://bcpl.wisconsin.gov.
TNS 24KuanRap-140905 30FurigayJof-4847113 30FurigayJof