The U.S. dollar hit its highest level in nearly six years against the yen on Friday in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar hit the peak against the yen on Friday morning, retaining momentum from overnight in
"Economic indicators coming from
The dollar later slipped as some market players locked in gains ahead of the upcoming jobs report.
"If the numbers are strong we could see the dollar rise back to the higher end of
The result of the report will be closely scrutinized as the U.S. Federal Reserve weighs the timing of a hike in its benchmark short-term interest rate, currently near zero. Fed chief
The euro traded near a 14-month low marked overnight against the dollar after the
The ECB reduced its benchmark rate by 0.1 percentage point to 0.05 percent and its deposit rate by 0.1 point to minus 0.20 percent, and also announced programs to purchase asset-backed securities and covered bonds from October to encourage lending to shore up the flagging eurozone economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up