The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "Techniques of XRD, TEM, SEM and EDS have been employed to characterize the as-synthesized nanopowders and varistor samples."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The results showed that ZnO nanoparticles were fully covered with additional metal oxides and Bi12Mn0.5Co0.5O20 phase was observed at the as-prepared ZnO nanopowders after calcined at 700 degrees C. The varistor ceramics sintered at 1100 degrees C for 2 h in air have a density of 5.56 g/cm(3) corresponding to 96.2% of the theoretical density, with breakdown voltage of 3285 V/cm and nonlinear coefficient of similar to 5.5."
For more information on this research see: Synthesis of ZnO@Co2O3-Bi2O3-MnO core-shell structured nanoparticles for varistors applications. Powder Technology, 2014;264():514-518. Powder Technology can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports