After a recent report showing a 12-fold increase in the cost of college tuition in the last 30 years, Rep.
"I was lucky to receive college student loans when I attended Iowa State, but my experience pales in comparison to present-day graduates who have the highest level of student loan debt in history," Braley said. "We've got to find solutions to rising tuition costs and rising debt burdens, and a big piece of that hearing and sharing the first-person stories of those facing these challenges."
Braley is seeking personal stories from Iowans that have taken out student loans and/or are repaying those loans, and the challenges they have faced to further their education goals. Stories can be shared on his website at: braley.house.gov
Braley recently sponsored the
Student loan debt today totals
TNS 30TacordaCheng-140905-4847392 30TacordaCheng
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller