Data from payroll processor ADP showed on Thursday that another notable increase in US private sector employment in the month of August, the pace of job growth once again came in below economist estimates.
ADP said private sector employment rose by 204,000 jobs in August following a downwardly revised increase of 212,000 jobs in July.
Data from the
Data from the
The bank reduced the deposit rate to -0.20% from -0.10%. In June, the bank had slashed the rate from zero to negative, which in effect meant charging Eurozone banks for parking excess funds at the ECB, which was a first for a leading central bank.
Traders now focus on the US monthly jobs report for August to be released in the
The US dollar rose against the other major currencies in the
In Asian trading, the US dollar strengthened to 105.70 for the first time since
The greenback, which ended yesterday's deals at 0.9315 against the Swiss franc, rallied to a 1-year high of 0.9335 and held steady thereafter.
Against the euro, the greenback edged up to 1.2921 from an early low of 1.2944 and held steady thereafter.
Moving away from an early low of 1.6330 against the pound, the greenback appreciated to a 7-month high of 1.6286 and held steady thereafter.
German industrial production for July and final Eurozone GDP data are due to be released in the European session. At
Most Popular Stories
- Lingerie, Partisanship Mark Fla. House Race
- ecoATM Wins Green at LBA Sol Awards
- Can Barra Break GM's Losing Streak?
- Marvel Unveils Slate of Films Through 2019
- Google Working on Pill to Search for Illnesses
- FBI May Have Found 'Second Snowden'
- Grey Lady Ghost Appears at 'Game of Thrones' Site
- IBM OK's $5 Billion Stock Buyback
- World Series Not Gripping to TV Viewers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple Pay a Success