No assignee for this patent application has been made.
News editors obtained the following quote from the background information supplied by the inventors: "Various kinds of portable computers minimize the space by accepting their data entry using a touchscreen or other device that allows entry on the screen of the computer. For example, the popular iPad tablet produces a touchscreen that allows entering data.
"The touchscreen can also display a keyboard that is used to type into the computer itself or into a program running in the computer."
As a supplement to the background information on this patent application, VerticalNews correspondents also obtained the inventor's summary information for this patent application: "The present application teaches a special kind of adaptive keyboard for a touchscreen computer.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
"The different figures show different embodiments. Specifically:
"FIGS. 1A and 1B show keyboards on the tablet in different orientations of the tablet;
"FIG. 2 shows organization of the keyboard on the tablet according to the users fingers;
"FIG. 3 shows crowding of some of the keys in order to maintain the configuration of other keys;
"FIG. 4 shows an adaptive overlay on the keyboard;
"FIGS. 5 and 5B show the special shape for the housing that facilitates use of the keys."
For additional information on this patent application, see: Harris, Scott C. Adaptive Keyboard for Portable Device. Filed
Keywords for this news article include: Patents.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton