Ahead of the announcement, the pound showed mixed trading against its major counterparts. While the pound rose against the euro and the Swiss franc, it fell against the greenback. Against the yen, the pound held steady.
The pound was worth 1.6453 against the greenback, 172.60 against the yen, 1.5121 against the Swiss franc and 0.7980 against the euro at
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison