The outcome was widely expected by economists.
At the two-day meeting, the nine-member
The panel also decided to maintain the asset purchase programme at
The pound weakened to 1.6437 against the greenback, its lowest since
Having fallen to a session's low of 1.5100 against the Swiss franc in prior deals, the pound climbed to 1.5130 amid the BoE announcement. The next possible resistance for the pound may be eyed around the 1.52 region.
The pound edged up to 0.7975 against the euro, coming off from a low of 0.7992 hit at
Factory orders increased a seasonally adjusted 4.6% from June, when they fell 2.7%, revised from a 3.2% decline. Economists had expected a 1.5% gain for July.
The pound that rose to 172.76 against the yen at
The Bank also announced its decision to retain its policy of expanding monetary base at an annual rate of
Looking ahead, the
The US ADP employment data for August, weekly jobless claims for the week ended
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting