The outcome was widely expected by economists.
At the two-day meeting, the nine-member
The panel also decided to maintain the asset purchase programme at
The pound weakened to 1.6437 against the greenback, its lowest since
Having fallen to a session's low of 1.5100 against the Swiss franc in prior deals, the pound climbed to 1.5130 amid the BoE announcement. The next possible resistance for the pound may be eyed around the 1.52 region.
The pound edged up to 0.7975 against the euro, coming off from a low of 0.7992 hit at
Factory orders increased a seasonally adjusted 4.6% from June, when they fell 2.7%, revised from a 3.2% decline. Economists had expected a 1.5% gain for July.
The pound that rose to 172.76 against the yen at
The Bank also announced its decision to retain its policy of expanding monetary base at an annual rate of
Looking ahead, the
The US ADP employment data for August, weekly jobless claims for the week ended
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations