ENP Newswire -
Release date- 03092014 -
The company also announced its latest water report, 'Delivering Access to Safe Water Through Partnerships.' Both announcements were made today at the
The IDB's Hydro-BID is an open-source modeling tool that has the potential to forecast water availability and supply in the
To date, the tool has projected water supplies in
While some projects are aimed to improve access to safe water and sanitation services for scattered communities in extreme poverty, other projects like Hydro-BID present an unparalleled effort to develop a suite of watershed modeling tools that could be applied worldwide.
In addition to aiding countries with water budgeting and water-resource planning, Hydro-BID helps policymakers and communities prepare for floods and droughts.
'Contrary to popular belief, floods and droughts are foreseeable phenomena that governments and communities can prepare for,' said Dr.
'Not only will Hydro-BID help communities prepare for natural disasters, but it will also help public utility and water managers get a better handle on water planning and budgets,' said Miralles-Wilhelm. 'Through the support of partners like the
As a global food and beverage company dependent on water-intensive agricultural activities,
In fact, water stewardship is a critical component of
'Water is a critical global resource and few challenges are as significant as the global water crisis,' said
Learn more about
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples