U.S. crude-oil inventories declined 900,000 barrels in the week ended
Analysts polled by Platts had expected crude stockpiles to decline two million barrels.
Crude-oil futures declined further on the news, with the October contract down 0.9% at
The EIA also reported gasoline inventories decreased 2.3 million barrels, and distillates inventories rose 600,000 barrels.
The analysts polled by Platts had expected gasoline stocks down 1.6 million barrels and distillate stocks down 1.2 million barrels.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World