EQUITY transactions at the
Specifically, at the closed of transactions yesterday, market capitalisation of listed equities fell by N19 billion to N13.606 trillion from N13.625 trillion traded the previous day.
Also the Nigerian Stock Exchange All Share Index went up by 56.86 basis points from to 41264.65 recorded on Tuesday to 41207.79 points.
The bearish mood in the market today was driven by sustained selloff in the Banking and Consumer Goods basket -- Zenith (1.7per cent)
On the price movement chart,
On the other hand,
Other stocks that recorded price appreciation were
Further analysis of yesterday's trading indicated that Financial Service Sector led the activities for the day, trading 122.460 million shares worth N958.333 million in 2779 deals. Banking sub-sector was most active in the sector with account of 87.716 million shares valued at N715.335 million in 2085 deals.
Conglomerates sector enhanced by
In all investors bought 201.067 million shares valued at N2.443 billion in 5392 deals against 296.094 million shares cost N6.488 billion exchanged the previous day in 6,034 deals.
Market analysts anticipates imminent bargain hunting across the Banking, Industrial and Consumer Goods basket in the sessions ahead, whilst the broader market continues to trade sideways in the absence of any major driver.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists