The delivery of content across mobile networks needs to be efficient and profitable to ensure a valuable mobile broadband experience. As content is paramount, Nokia Networks provides a number of features that will generate new revenue for operators and make networks perform more efficiently.
Nokia Networks extends the value of its Liquid Applications* with the ability to host multiple applications, including those from third parties. Application developers and operators can now take advantage of a new application innovation center in
• Video Orchestration provides a new multimedia experience at special events, including race tracks, football stadiums, and fairs. This enables new video services, for example, streaming a live feed from inside a racing car, in real time, to fans at the trackside.
• Real-time Analytics capture user and service performance data to provide operators with new real-time insights into user experience for optimizing content delivery.
• Augmented Reality is handled directly at the base station to enable fast image recognition with a person's immediate surroundings and delivery of relevant digital content without loading traffic across the network. "Our Liquid Applications is already being used in a number of trials and commercial operator deployments. Now we've further enhanced it to help both operators and content providers capitalize on the power of distributed and programmable computing," said
Nokia Networks has recently signed an AppFactory agreement with Broadpeak*** adding the
"We selected Nokia Networks as our LTE network supplier for radio, core, services and for its innovative Liquid Applications solution," said Ron Shvili, chief technology officer at
To further enhance rich multi-media experience for voice and data, Nokia Networks is launching its Border Control solution to enable the secure delivery of all IMS-based services over all connection types. Combined with the company's scalable, cloud-enabled VoLTE solution, this allows mobile operators to differentiate through new voice services including Voice over WiFi.
New LTE Quality of Service (QoS) features will allow operators to better manage network resources as well as high quality services for users. A nominal bit rate can now be provided for users at the cell edge experiencing poor radio conditions, for an improved level of service. LTE's dedicated bearer functionality is also exploited to deliver high-quality and prioritized streaming services for third parties, such as Content Delivery Network providers.
For smooth network operations, Nokia Networks backs up these content delivery solutions with its services portfolio that includes system integration, network planning and optimization, network implementation, competence development as well as hardware and software care.
Click here to download a photo of
View http://www.nsn.com/performance to follow the latest launches, watch a short video and sign up for webinars. Starting
Customers, press and industry analysts are welcome to visit Nokia Networks' permanent meeting room 203 during Super Mobility Week by CTIA in
In addition, Nokia Liquid Applications is part of a Proof-of-Concept with
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @nokianetworks on Twitter using #NetworksPerform and #LiquidApplications. For expert insights, visit our blog.
Nokia Networks is the world's specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world's most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly. http://www.nsn.com // http://company.nokia.com
Phone: +358 7140 02869
*Nokia Liquid Applications, an industry-first solution, brings superior services to mobile broadband customers from the mobile base station. Utilizing the Radio Applications Cloud Server (RACS), localized processing, content storage, and access to real-time radio and network information is made available directly from inside the base station.
**The AppFactory provides the means to accelerate time-to-market of new base station applications through its design and development capabilities, as well as having access to an extensive developer community.
***Broadpeak designs and manufactures video delivery components for network service providers deploying IPTV, cable, and OTT services. Its portfolio of solutions and technologies powers the delivery of movies, television programming, and other content over managed networks and the internet for viewing on any type of device. The company's systems and services help operators increase market share and improve subscriber loyalty with superior quality of experience.
****In conjunction with Liquid Applications, Nokia Networks' Mobile Traffic Prioritization (MTP) Service Package is focused towards mobile customers willing to pay for premium content with an assured delivery. MTP is a key ingredient for Liquid Applications services that are accelerated and delivered from the edge of the mobile network.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12143892.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt