"Although we intuitively know that people are spending more and more time on different screens and devices, there is still the need to better understand consumer behaviors to provide marketing decision-makers with the best advice on media investment optimization," saidSonia Liang, Millward Brown Media and Digital Director forHong
Liang continued "
A proportion of consumers utilize their smart phones and tablets while watching TV, "to fill time during ad breaks" (37%) and "to have some background sound at home" (34%). A number also say they "go online for TV-show-related searches" (16%). Interestingly, more inHong
The results from AdReaction highlight the increasing opportunities to speak to consumers and to build communications in the manner that provides the best opportunity and environment to have the conversation. Liang added, "We know from our CrossMedia Research™ that integrated marketing communications synergize channels to enhance brand impact. The key for marketers is leveraging the right moments for each channel and, critically, leveraging the channel cross-over to maximize brand experience."
Liang warns that managing consistency with focus is critical to build successful marketing communications. "A more cluttered media environment today means marketers have to pay ever more attention to the balance of the opportunities for conversation, yet remain strong and consistent in focus," she says. Our choice of communication channels must reflect the aim of the marketing objective. A multi-channel "spray-and-pray" strategy, without message consistency, simply won't work well, especially with the growing number of distractions faced by the consumer today."
Keywords for this news article include: Advertising,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models