A central bank ban on Indian banks buying new issues of infrastructure bonds has handicapped Prime Minister
Modi made heavy infrastructure investment and construction of affordable housing for all by 2022 key elements of a reform agenda aimed at getting
By meeting the housing goal, an investment of US
Faced with those funding needs, the government in encouraged banks to issue bonds to fund infrastructure by exempting these bonds from reserve requirements, to enable them to extend cheaper loans to the cash-starved sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal