- Though It Still Needs Improvements in Other Areas to Meet Challenges
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130207/NE56457LOGO-b
Strategy Analytics has evaluated the different content and service assets of Sony Mobile in its latest Wireless Media Strategies report, "Handset Vendors' Content And Service Strategy: Sony Mobile". We view the efforts Sony Mobile has put into its mobile ecosystem, especially those related to media, as positive, although it continues to lag behind Apple and Samsung.
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1rOdjnP
"We believe content and services alone will be insufficient to move smartphone consumers from one Smartphone brand to another. But the competitive landscape has changed so much with content and services viewed as table stakes, and importantly, remaining a key differentiator for device OEMs," said Nitesh
"We also advise Sony Mobile to be more active in partnering, for example to work with more ambitious carriers to offer customized music streaming services, to differentiate from the rest of the pack," said Wei Shi, Senior Analyst for Wireless Media Strategies. "We see these focused areas well aligned with Sony Mobile's overall strategy. Meanwhile, we think it will help if Sony Mobile can strengthen its offerings in other areas, e.g. e-payment and location, by borrowing experience from its competitors' moves in the market lately. Again, we recommend a partnership approach with leading providers, rather than building or acquiring these capabilities."
About Strategy Analytics
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton