The ECB announced two new programs under which it will buy asset-backed securities and covered bonds.
Along with the quantitative easing, the ECB unexpectedly offered three interest rate cuts, dropping its benchmark rate to 0.05% from 0.15%.
Both the marginal lending rate and the deposit rate were also cut by 10 basis points.
The news prompted a rally in equities as the euro currency dropped to its lowest in more than 14 months against the dollar.
Banking stocks, particularly in
The German DAX gained 1%, the CAC 40 of
The regulator found that the firms coordinated their market behavior for smart card chips in the European Economic Area, in breach of EU rules that prohibit cartels.
Bilfinger tumbled 10% after issuing its third profit warning in recent months.
Swiss drug maker
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms