The EIB loan will contribute to improving the social and environmental life conditions of Vasterls's residents as not only affordable housing will be constructed, but new cycle routes, parks and green spaces will also be created. The reconstruction or renovation of public buildings and affordable housing will also produce energy savings resulting from the insulation of walls and roofs, the replacement of windows and other energy efficiency measures. The traffic schemes - mainly the refurbishment of streets and modernisation of transport infrastructure - will reduce journey times and vehicle operating costs, thereby promoting more sustainable public transport. Lastly, investment in water, sewerage, wastewater treatment and waste management will help to preserve the local environment and reduce public health risks in Vasterls.
This is the second EIB loan to Vasterls after the EU bank's support for the construction of a biomass-fired boiler at a combined heat and power plant in 2000. The EIB loan provides for diversification of the municipality's long-term financing and extends the maturity profile of its debt.
In 2013 EIB financing in
TNS 30FurigayJane-140904-4845693 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists