Commissioner of Agriculture Adam H.
In addition, there were 35,362 calls, 704 live online chats and 457 emails requesting consumer assistance and information. The top three calls to the agency's 1-800-HELP-FLA hotline requesting information or assistance were related to the solicitation of contributions from charities, cable companies, and motor vehicle repair.
In the past month, the department has responded to many consumer concerns and taken action against several individuals or businesses operating outside of
* Initiated 179 investigations.
* Arrested 10 individuals.
* Registered 6,339 businesses.
* Added 11,259 telephone numbers to
Consumers who believe fraud has taken place can contact the department's consumer protection and information hotline at 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or, for Spanish speakers, 1-800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832). For more information about the
CC AutoTriage5rn-140904-30FurigayJane-4846151 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas