While lending interest rates in
Katainen said that "the Commission is aware of the hardship that the crisis has brought. It is reflected in the high rates of non-performing loans, which are also putting a burden on banks` capital buffers".
"The commitments taken from the Cypriot authorities in the latest Memorandum of Understanding, related to improving the insolvency framework, the foreclosure laws and the law on the Financial Ombudsman, attempt to strike the right balance", he concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton