Colloidal nanoparticles have become important materials in biomedicine, catalysis, and optoelectronics. Their unique nanoscale properties stem from their size (particularly of the inorganic particle core) and surface composition of their organic ligand-shell. Given the polydispersity of nanoparticles, and complex composition, no technique other than Analytical Ultracentrifugation (AUC) has the potential to provide detailed information on the overall particle size, density, molecular weight and aggregation state in solution.
While AUC has become a standard tool for bioscientists to quantitatively study the size, confirmation, and interaction of macromolecules and proteins in solution for many decades, it has not had the same success with nanoparticles. Recent advancements in the mathematical modeling of the sedimentation boundaries have enabled the parameterization of the sedimentation and diffusion coefficients of all the species detected in solution during centrifugation in terms of their partial specific volume and molecular weight. This advancement opens the door to quantitative investigation of most nanoparticle systems by AUC - without a prior knowledge of their partial specific volume - since most nanoparticles have a constant shape which can be assessed by electron microscopy.
In this tutorial webinar
One of the industry's prominent experts will present on
• Osman M Bakr, PhD, Assistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering,
LabRoots is the leading professional networking website designed to connect all science verticals. Founded in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12143184.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date