Under the partnership arrangement,
They will also secure loans worth up to 6-times their average commission earned over a period of six months. Vodacom Tanzania, Managing Director, Mr
He said, "The scheme will empower them and provide better services to our customers while having their businesses growing through boosting of sales turnover," he said.
The telecom's firm has over 700 M-Pesa agents or distributors and is currently transacting around 1.2tri/- monthly. For
"We urge them to take advantage of the rare opportunity," he added. The BOA-Tanzania, Chief Executive Officer, Mr Ammish Owusu-Amoah said his bank has always believing that by partnering with the telecom firm in providing financial services, more people particularly the unbanked population is reached.
Currently, the bank is transacting over one billion on weekly basis with M-Pesa agents across the country. "We understand the quest of customers in accessing financial solutions in the country, particularly
He said the bank will be flexible to accommodate customers who at the initial stage require amount higher than 75m/- upon the appraisal of the customer requests.
"As a bank we are looking at servicing over 100
He said the bank has set up dedicated unit and windows to manage the services across all branches countrywide. The BOA has 11 branches in Dar es Salaam while others are located in Arusha, Morogoro, Mtibwa, Kahama, Kilimanjaro, Mbeya, Tunduma, Mtwara and Mwanza.
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market