Under the partnership arrangement,
They will also secure loans worth up to 6-times their average commission earned over a period of six months. Vodacom Tanzania, Managing Director, Mr
He said, "The scheme will empower them and provide better services to our customers while having their businesses growing through boosting of sales turnover," he said.
The telecom's firm has over 700 M-Pesa agents or distributors and is currently transacting around 1.2tri/- monthly. For
"We urge them to take advantage of the rare opportunity," he added. The BOA-Tanzania, Chief Executive Officer, Mr Ammish Owusu-Amoah said his bank has always believing that by partnering with the telecom firm in providing financial services, more people particularly the unbanked population is reached.
Currently, the bank is transacting over one billion on weekly basis with M-Pesa agents across the country. "We understand the quest of customers in accessing financial solutions in the country, particularly
He said the bank will be flexible to accommodate customers who at the initial stage require amount higher than 75m/- upon the appraisal of the customer requests.
"As a bank we are looking at servicing over 100
He said the bank has set up dedicated unit and windows to manage the services across all branches countrywide. The BOA has 11 branches in Dar es Salaam while others are located in Arusha, Morogoro, Mtibwa, Kahama, Kilimanjaro, Mbeya, Tunduma, Mtwara and Mwanza.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered