The U.S. stock market is closing mostly lower, pulled down by a fall in Apple and other technology companies.
The Standard & Poor's 500 lost one point, or 0.1 per cent, to close at 2,000 Wednesday. The tech-dominated Nasdaq slid 25 points, or 0.6 per cent, to 4,572.
The Dow Jones industrial average edged up 10 points, or 0.1 per cent, to 17,078.
Apple fell 4.2 per cent after rival Samsung unveiled two smartphones at a trade show in
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'