ENP Newswire -
Release date- 03092014 -
The Trust envisages the Dundee Botanic Garden as a place which reflects excellence, beauty and inspiration and provides a venue for pleasure and relaxation. It conserves and protects the natural world for the benefit of future generations and transforms the visitor experience into one of discovery and education.
'I am delighted to be involved with the
'The Botanic Garden is a treasure and one of the finest examples of a large-scale garden to be found in
'The income generated by the
The University's Botanic Garden was founded in 1971 as a place where science, education and conservation could take centre stage, as well as providing a garden for the entire community of
.Investing in the economic sustainability and future of the Garden.
.Inspiring community involvement through the development of activities to promote engagement.
.Building financial assets and resources to support Garden operations and development.
.Educating and promoting health and wellbeing in the wider
It will also support the Garden's work in promoting Environmental conservation and protection;
Architecture, design and the arts; Health and wellbeing; and education in the fields of biomedical and physical science, plant science, horticulture, arboriculture, silviculture, medicine, engineering and the environment.
The Botanic Garden is operated by the University, which will continue to provide direct support to its activities.
For further information on how you can support the
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy