Wajax merits attention
Stock futures pointed to a higher opening for
The S&P/TSX composite index slid 6.65 points to close Tuesday at 15,619.08. Futures jumped 0.4% before Wednesday's opening.
The Canadian dollar spiked
Canadian pension fund
The Bank of
Signs of progress towards a ceasefire in eastern
Ahead of the opening bell, futures for the Dow Jones Industrials added 71 points, or 0.4%, to 17,124. Futures for the S&P 500 gained 7.5 points, or 0.4%, to 2,007.25, and futures for the NASDAQ took on 13.75 points, or 0.3%, to 4,105.75.
Shares in Yahoo continued rising in pre-market trading as investors anticipate the upcoming Alibaba IPO, which will create a huge windfall for Yahoo. Investors bid Yahoo shares up by 2% in the previous session.
Western Union and Best Buy were also gaining ground in pre-market trade.
H&R Block will release quarterly earnings after the closing bell.
European stock markets jumped in early trading before trimming those gains.
Oil prices hiked
Gold prices jumped
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy