"The Mint's research and development efforts on MintChip have reached a stage where the project is ready to move to its natural next step of commercialization in the private sector," said
Over the next several months BCG will support the Mint in packaging the MintChip assets, and in determining the best approach to identifying and engaging interested parties.
As part of the Mint's research and development efforts, MintChip can be characterized as an evolution of cash, with the benefits of being digital. Just like cash, MintChip is founded on a direct asset transfer model that moves value between trusted entities without the involvement of any intermediary. The transactions occur without the need for personal identification (thereby maintaining the user's privacy) and without the burden of third party processing. MintChip is based on advanced technology and a trusted protocol to allow for secure and easy value transfers between parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Tech Workers Needed in South Florida
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham