"The Mint's research and development efforts on MintChip have reached a stage where the project is ready to move to its natural next step of commercialization in the private sector," said
Over the next several months BCG will support the Mint in packaging the MintChip assets, and in determining the best approach to identifying and engaging interested parties.
As part of the Mint's research and development efforts, MintChip can be characterized as an evolution of cash, with the benefits of being digital. Just like cash, MintChip is founded on a direct asset transfer model that moves value between trusted entities without the involvement of any intermediary. The transactions occur without the need for personal identification (thereby maintaining the user's privacy) and without the burden of third party processing. MintChip is based on advanced technology and a trusted protocol to allow for secure and easy value transfers between parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say