The development comes at a time when the new government is relooking at some of the names recommended for senior posts in the public sector by the UPA government.
The CVC has in a letter written to the finance ministry has also cited recent media reports about alleged irregularities in toplevel appointments in public sector banks.
The CVC has prima facie claimed to have found instances where more marks were given to some of the candidates in their interviews allegedly without any basis to secure their entry into the banks, sources added. The Reserve Bank of
Following the investigation into the
Jain was arrested by the CBI for allegedly receiving ` 50- lakh bribe to enhance credit limits of
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor