Privacyware, developer of the leading software–based Web Application Firewall and Host IPS for Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), announced today an update to its ThreatSentry Web Application Firewall and Intrusion Prevention solution. The new release features enhanced protection from SQL Injection attacks, improved system performance and expanded database and configuration options.
"The combined impact of the most recent series of hacker-related data breaches, affecting consumers of product and services ranging from banking to healthcare, utilities, groceries, restaurants and more makes clear the urgency for stronger, more flexible web application and database security capabilities," said
ThreatSentry is the leading software–based Web Application Firewall and Host IPS for Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). Utilizing three distinct and fully integrated Web application security technologies, ThreatSentry identifies and blocks web application threats such as Structured Query Language (SQL) Injection, DDoS, Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF/XSRF), Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and other types of attacks. ThreatSentry defense capabilities are based on the
The new release offers the following key new features and enhancements:
Performance and Stability:
• Re-factored multi-threaded components for IIS6 and later to address race and other related conditions.
• Optimized NDIS driver (port/network-level firewall) communication.
• Added Boost (C++ libraries) to improve internal processing of RegEx-based request filtering. Security and Defense:
• Enhanced filter options for large request parameters specifically to reinforce protection against SQL Injection attacks. Database support:
• Added support for MySQL open source database (community and commercial editions).
• Enhanced support for remote SQL Server on Azure. Configuration:
• Added "Redirect Blocked Requests to" url/page option.
• Added IP Address notification exclusion option.
• Added task bar notification to display ThreatSentry operating issues, i.e. service stopped, license expire/fail, SAL size, SQL server issues, etc.
• Enhanced central management options. ThreatSentry delivers proactive defense to secure IIS and prevents attacks from exploiting web application vulnerabilities through a complementary set of integrated components.
• State-of-the-art Web Application Firewall: Provides configurable rules-based control over HTTP/HTTPS request methods (OPTIONS, GET, POST, HEAD), URL Paths, URL Query String length, Parameters, and HTTP Request Headers, rule-specific URL/s exclusion capabilities, URI Encoding support, Regular Expression support for parameter rules/filtering, etc.
• Fully integrated Firewall: Proprietary NDIS driver delivers flexible network IP blocking (featuring white list, black list and duration control) at TCP/IP and UDP layers for all ports.
• Behavior-based Intrusion Prevention: Adaptive, behavior-based engine (with sensitivity control) analyzes Web traffic patterns to detect new threats and behavioral anomalies and deviations.
• Anti-DoS/DDoS: Configurable request frequency monitor blocks successive requests to individual or all site pages to reduce the risk of DoS and DDoS attacks.
Pricing and Availability
ThreatSentry is available for purchase or 30-day trial download via the Privacyware web site: http://www.privacyware.com or through business partners worldwide. Starting at just
Privacyware (http://www.privacyware.com) develops the leading software–based Web Application Firewall and Host IPS for Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). Privacyware products leverage conventional and advanced analytics technologies to help systems administrators, IT security and compliance personnel more effectively identify, understand and prevent malicious, unauthorized and/or deviant computing system activity. Privacyware is a member of the Microsoft Partner Network with Silver OEM and Application Development competencies.
Privacyware and ThreatSentry are registered trademarks of
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12121733.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut