While revenues rose eight per cent to £291.9m, they were short of the £342m expected by the market. Pre-tax profit, up seven per cent at £195.2m, lagged by about £15m.
It made the most of a buoyant equity market by attracting plenty of new business, helping justify analysts' "buy" ratings and a relatively high stock valuation.
However, investors are concerned that the
Describing the results as a "small miss",
Shares closed down 5.79 per cent at 1,073p.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag