-- Industries such as automotive, aerospace and defense, telecommunications, technology and financial services account for the lion's share of pension sponsorship among the 50 largest sponsors, and the general funded status among the largest 100 sponsors is around 85%.
-- The decision to terminate or assume a pension plan during bankruptcy is hinged on a multiparty negotiation process, which is determined by a set of factors ranging from expediency of bankruptcy to the general goal of restructuring.
-- The unsecured claim amount asserted by the
-- The PBGC tax liens, especially attached to non-bankruptcy entities and facilitated by the controlled group liability doctrine, can force secured and unsecured creditors to give concessions to the PBGC in order to entice it to release the liens.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Director, U.S. Corporates
Managing Director, U.S. Corporates
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board