-- Industries such as automotive, aerospace and defense, telecommunications, technology and financial services account for the lion's share of pension sponsorship among the 50 largest sponsors, and the general funded status among the largest 100 sponsors is around 85%.
-- The decision to terminate or assume a pension plan during bankruptcy is hinged on a multiparty negotiation process, which is determined by a set of factors ranging from expediency of bankruptcy to the general goal of restructuring.
-- The unsecured claim amount asserted by the
-- The PBGC tax liens, especially attached to non-bankruptcy entities and facilitated by the controlled group liability doctrine, can force secured and unsecured creditors to give concessions to the PBGC in order to entice it to release the liens.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Director, U.S. Corporates
Managing Director, U.S. Corporates
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop