The statement published by the Ukrainian President's office revealed that
Meanwhile, Kremlin stressed that Putin had not agreed to a ceasefire as
In a statement,
Eurozone's composite purchasing managers' index, or PMI, was revised downwards in August, final figures from Markit Economics showed.
The Markit PMI composite output index was revised to 52.5 in August, less than the flash estimate of 52.8. In July, the index was at 53.8.
The euro advanced to near a 2-week high of 0.7985 against the Sterling and held steady thereafter. The next possible resistance for the euro-pound pair pair lies around the 0.807 zone.
British service sector activity grew at the strongest pace in ten months during August amid favorable market conditions and new business growth, survey data from the
The euro climbed back against the yen, reaching a 1-1/2-month high of 138.27. If the euro extends its uptrend, 139.00 is possibly seen as its next resistance level.
The services sector in
That was down from 50.4 in July, and it slipped below the boom-or-bust score of 50 that separates expansion from contraction.
The euro spiked up to a 5-day high of 1.3155 against the US dollar and moved sideways thereafter. Further gains may lead the euro to a resistance around the 1.32 region.
On the flip side, the euro eased back against the Swiss franc from an early 8-day high of 1.2089. The euro is thus heading to pierce a 2-day low of 1.2064 hit at
Looking ahead, the US factory orders data for July and the Federal Reserve's
The Bank of
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World