During a telephone conversation, Russian President
The euro rose to an 8-day high of 1.2089 versus the franc, from an early low of 1.2064. Against the pound, the euro hit near a 2-week high of 0.7985.
The euro rose back against the yen, reaching a 1-1/2-month high of 138.27. Against the greenback, the euro climbed to a 5-day high of 1.3155.
The next possible resistance for the euro is seen around 1.32 against the greenback, 139.00 against the yen, 0.805 against the pound and 1.215 against the Swiss franc.
Eurostat is scheduled to release its retail trade report for the Eurozone at
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms