• Versatile Aspire Switch 2-in-1 notebooks easily switch between four modes for touch, typing, viewing, and sharing
• New Aspire Switch 11 series features 11.6-inch IPS displays, durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3, an anti-fingerprint coating and a responsive Chiclet keyboard
• Latest Aspire Switch 10 features a 10.1-inch Full HD display
• Both Switch product lines provide IPS and Zero Air Gap technology for sharper image and wide angle viewing
• Both Switch product lines feature a magnetic detachable hinge that permits smooth switching between modes and latch-free keyboard docking Acer today expanded its popular 2-in-1 notebook line with the new Aspire Switch 11 series of 11.6-inch models and a new Switch 10 that boasts a 1080p Full HD 10.1-inch display. The Aspire Switch 2-in-1 lines combine a full Microsoft Windows® -based notebook and tablet in one flexible device. The new Aspire Switch models were unveiled today at Acer's
• Notebook – fully functional with a spacious keyboard and a Precision Touchpad for content creation and other productivity apps
• Pad – thin and light for those on the go; ideal for browsing the Internet, viewing movies, playing tablet games and taking notes with an optional Acer Active Pen
• Display – a stable mode, ideal for showcasing presentations in small meetings, sharing photos and videos with friends or enjoying videoconferences
• Tent – hands-free experience for watching movies and/or maximizing space in confined spaces, such as while traveling on a plane or train
Thin, lightweight and durable, the Aspire Switch series was made for taking to class, for work and on the road. The rear cover is made from aluminum with NIL (nano imprint lithography) and is finished with a gentle gray brush stroke for an aesthetic touch.
Zero Air Gap technology delivers sharp images, while Acer LumiFlex™ optimizes screen visibility during outdoor activities, even in bright sunlight. IPS technology provides wide viewing angles and accurate colors from edge to edge.
The Precision Touchpad supports six touchpad gestures and delivers greater sensitivity and palm rejection by distinguishing between intentional finger gestures vs. accidental contact by the palm of the hand.
Built-in Acer BYOC™ (4) means users will never be unprepared as they can easily access and manage their data anywhere. Acer BYOC Apps offer real time information, data management, and data security across multiple devices for immediate synchronizing.
Optional accessories include an Acer Active Pen that provides fast, precise input for those who prefer to handwrite notes, an Acer Snap Case that protects and packs the tablet and keyboard for easy carry, and a micro USB cable that serves as a connection and charging hub.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Aspire Switch 11 series will be available in October in Pan America with prices starting at
The Acer Aspire Switch 10 series will be available in September in Pan America with prices starting at
To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via http://www.acer.com.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offering includes PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones -- tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Acer employs 7,400 people and ranks No. 4 for total PCs globally.(5) Revenues for 2013 reached
1. Accessible capacity varies: (MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes)
2. Actual battery life varies depending on product specifications, computer settings and applications or features launched. All batteries' maximum capacity diminishes with time and use.
3. Office 365 Personal 1 year activation required within limited time. Specifications vary depending on region.
4. Acer BYOC is supported on Windows 7 and Windows 8 Desktop, Windows RT, Android 2.3 or later, and iOS 5.1 or later. To set up your personal Acer BYOC service, you'll need at least one PC and one mobile device with the Acer BYOC Apps installed and must designate one PC as your Personal Cloud Storage.
5. IDC 2013
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12138081.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy