Broadway says four people were treated at the scene and released. He didn't know their ages.
The officials say a methyl alcohol and boric acid mixture exploded during a routine exhibit conducted daily to create a whirling tornado effect.
Hernandez says the museum was evacuated, but didn't appear to receive any additional damage.
The officials say the incident is being investigated.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week