U.S. stocks are mostly lower at midday as energy stocks weigh on the market and investors wait to see what actions central banks take later this week.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 44 points, or 0.3 percent, to 17,053 as of
Eight of the 10 sectors in the S&P 500 index fell, with energy stocks down the most.
Investors are looking ahead to central bank meetings this week in
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting